Tired of block colour nails? Fancy trying something quirky?
If you want to try something different, I recommend the newspaper nail look. It is an interesting look, and a great way to reuse newspaper before recycling it! It is also a fun platform to start with for those who want to experiment with their nail art in future, and a good starter point because of its simplicity. For the ultimate newspaper look I recommend white nail varnish, but if you fancy something a bit different, feel free to use any nail colour of your choice. You can also use water instead of Vodka, but I find that rubbing alcohol works best for longer lasting results.
What you will need:
-Vodka (or any rubbing alcohol)
-White nail varnish (or any colour of your choice)
1. Brush a clear base coat onto each fingernail.
2. Once dry apply a white nail varnish.
3. Once dry, dip each fingernail in Vodka.
4. Cut out a strip of newspaper and press it down on your fingernail for 30 seconds, and then remove.
5. Repeat this procedure for each nail.
6. Finish with a clear top coat.
Follow the steps above accordingly and you will receive the desired effect. Once you have got the hang of the standard and traditional newspaper nail look, if you want to try something even more different check out the burnt newspaper look at ‘Beauty’s Best Advisors’ on Youtube.